Friday, October 11, 2013

Back to the beach...

Have gotten done what needs to be done here at Keck USC Hospital. All the testing went as I expected and although we are waiting for the official word, based on what the doc's have said there seems to be no problem activating me on the list. Once that happens the wait truly begins! 

Plans had me going HOME a couple days ago, but a last minute test had me staying one more night here. Thank goodness I did, because around 9pm that night my chest tightened, pulse raced at around 150 beats per minute for half an hour, and my oxygen levels dropped to 89%. Another bump in the road that has delayed that trip home. No one is sure what happened, but one thought is that maybe some sputum loosened up and blocked up the lungs. So here I sit, another sleepy morning after another sleepless night, sore, exhausted.

I made the request to be transferred back to Hoag yesterday and after some coordinating that will be happening today! So although I won't be in my own bed at least I will be close to family, so visits can happen daily with the kids and Renee and mom and dad and Judy and sis and family and friends and so forth and so on! 

Hoping to now be home and in my own bed in around a week or so. Please?

Much love, 

Steve

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful news on all fronts. Hopefully you'll get a room with a nice view of the beach.

    ReplyDelete