Thursday, October 17, 2013

Out of the hospital, back to reality!

Posted this on the gofundme page, figured I'd post it here, too!

gofundme.com/believeinthesteve

Hello all my heroes! Steve here, finally getting a chance to check in. Wow, what an overwhelming and humbling experience this has been so far. A couple days out of the hospital and just starting to return to normal life, well, as normal as it gets when one is waiting for a new set of lungs. 

I search and search for the appropriate words and they just never seem to be enough. Thank you. Thank you for giving. Thank you for your prayers, your positive vibes. Thank you for supporting my family in this time of uncertainty. 

I promise here and now that everything raised will be used appropriately and in the manner the gift was intended. I know how hard you all work for what you have and would never, will never, take advantage of everyone's generosity. 

Getting word yesterday that I was officially listed was a shot to the gut. Up until now none of this truly seemed real. Knowing now that the call could come at any moment is quite unnerving. In a good way. I need this. For myself, for my family, for all of you so we can have the biggest f**king, pardon my French, party when all is said and done! I can't wait!

Much love and respect to all of you. My eyes have been opened. Prior to all this I focused on the negative far too often. People that park in handicap spots without a placard, horrible drivers trying to take my life sooner rather than later, and other dregs of society. No more. You all have made me want to focus on the positive with your kindness. Yeah, I may still lose it once in awhile on those people mentioned above when I stumble upon them, but maybe, hopefully, I'll do it with a smile from now on :)

1 comment:

  1. Steve - you are in my thoughts and prayers - every minute and every second!!! I have no doubt you must be holding uncertainty inside you but...in my heart of hearts - once you have your new set of lungs your live will be changed forever!!!! You'll be able to take the deepest breath ever without struggling and....enjoy life with your family to the fullest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete